need longer blade for my reciprocating saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
greeting all!

Have a reciprocating saw I bough from the basket section out of Aldi during the summer offers
I have 2 types of blades I bought from tool station, the wood ones and the wood/ metal ones for cutting pallets
Bough blades are about 5" long but the timmber I cut is a minimum of 1' diamitor so it wont cut the job!

Can I get longer blades for a reciprocating saw so I can do my work or is this indeed another H&S B.S, its unsafe and we need to shut down you independent livelyhood and enslave you (for out global agenda 2030) otherwise you are going to die from the boogy man (you know what matty!, see my new signature for further info)

Help needed on cutting trees into firewood please?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I usually get my blades from Saxton.

With all the appropriate safety gear and PPE.

If needs be, but better than expecting a recip from the Aldi discount basket, whatever blade it's equipped with, to chop up large quantities of 300mm diameter logs for someone living full time off grid.

Bosch do good quality recip blades, you should easily get through firewood with them, the dryer the better, using a decent reliable cordless saw. Cordless chainsaws are much better now.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back