Need Some Advice

T

timmyquick

I have started to make a few additions to my electrics. I have ran 2.5 m twin & earth cable to the loft for a radial circuit for sockets. i have connected 4 sockets in total 3 which are in the loft and 1 just below the the ceiling in the bedroom for a wall mounted T.V. The total cable length is 30 metres is this acceptable to comply with regs. It has been run in plastic conduit up the wall. Have not yet connected it to the CU yet. What size mcb do i use?. I intend to also run 3 core & E to 3 smoke alarms interlinked on a 6 amp mcb. Is it acceptable to put part of this cable run in the same conduit as the radial circuit for the sockets.

My cu is going to be replaced shortly by electrician so want to get these circuits installed correctly before he comes to do CU replacement so he cant add costs for dodgy wiring.

So any comments on doing it right appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
30M is too long for a 2.5mm 20A radial
a 16A (15A if its a fuse) 2.5mm radial should be just about ok at that length

also is this conduit on the surface if so then its fine
if its burried then it must be in one of the safe zones or metal conduit must be used

for the length, it must be on a 16A breaker.

is the whole installation in conduit?

if yes then it should be single core cables, if not then you prob wont fit a 2c+e and 3c+e cable in it

Sponsored Links
thanks for help everyone. Conduit is on the the surface of the walls all the way into the loft then goes into cavity behind the wall. Think that i may not fit the smoke alarms cable in the same conduit as mentioned so just shall run more conduit along side the sockets conduit. Don't see a problem with that? but if i am wrong please post.

Regards

if it fits good, if not then you will have to use another piece of conduit

andrew2022 said:
if it fits good, if not then you will have to use another piece of conduit
Don't forget there's more to consider than does it physically fit - you shouldn't fill conduit or trunking more than 45%, IIRC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back