Need to fix kitchen wing with cables?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a kitchen with an L shape. The long part fo the L is aginst the wall and screwed to it. The short part of the L extends from the wall, away from adjacent walls, and is tied to the long part. It protrudes 1.2m from the long part. The cabinets are tied together and fixed to the worktop to form 1 unit.

There are an electric cooker and hob on the short extending part, of the L, and a cable to supply them coming from the wall.

On the short extending part of the L, is it necessary to tie the kitchen units to the floor, for electrical safety or to comply with regulations? I want to avoid drilling into the floor tiles.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
On the short extending part of the L, is it necessary to tie the kitchen units to the floor, for electrical safety or to comply with regulations? I want to avoid drilling into the floor tiles.

Thanks

I'm struggling to find the electrical content to your question. Why don't you ask us about the circuit that is going to power the oven, or the extractor fan????

But screws and stuff? Blimey.

PS Yes I've had a bad day

I assume the question was regarding the suitability of the kitchen unit not be fixed. With regards to hardwired cable and accessories being fitted to it.

Sponsored Links
As Prenticeboy rightly said, yes my question is about the units being hardwired and with electrical equipment fixed to it. For instance if an owner later tries to move the kitchen units and pulling the cables. Of course the circuit has an isolator switch on the wall.

I guess this could apply to washing machines and other mains wired equipment that can move about.
But then the kitchen units are a permanent fixture, like a partition wall? I do not know what the IEEE regulations have got to say about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back