Need to Increase Boiler Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Ferroli Optima 700 combi boiler and there is a problem with the water pressure in the boiler. The pressure indicator is at 0 bar and there is lots of air in the radiators and central heating system.

I know I need to add more water to the boiler to increase the pressure, then bleed the radiators to remove the air.

The problem is that I have just moved into the my house, the previous owners left no manual for the boiler and I cannot see how to do this.

There is no value or switch that I can see on the cold water feed to the boiler.

Please help

Sponsored Links
no filling loop fittings ...one on a 15mm cold pipe and another on a 22 mm pipe ?
hopefully somewhere under the boiler ?.

.no filling loop been left on the boiler ?

or is it internal.?

Mate, cheers for the quick reply. I cannot see anything like that. I have also emailed Ferroli and they have replied as follows

"You would need to locate the filling loop to put more water in the system. This is a silver flexible hose on the cold water inlet to the boiler. There should be a valve that connects this supply to the hose and the system. If you cannot find the loop you would need to call an installer."

Again I cannot see that but I may just be being thick. Here are some photos of the underneath of the boiler taken from in front and from underneath, once I'd removed the mdf the old owner had tiled over!!

They are hosted on my Sunday League football team website so apologies but it was the easiest & quickest way to get them viewable.

http://shfootballclub.tripod.com/id134.html

Sponsored Links
The only thing I can find off the cold water feed pipe is in the last pic looking up into the boiler. The cold feed in the pipe running in the middle bottom of the picture.

It looks like a nut sticking out off the pipe. Could this be where the "filling loop" should be connected??

As for the pipes, once they go down, they disappear behind my kitchen cupboards and I'm not sure where they go after that.

I might be best calling my local plumber out???

Look in all the cupboards, take off the plinth and look under the units, under the stairs - you find filling loops anywhere - unless its a really cowboy job and they've used a hose to fill through the drain-off valve.

Gasguru said:
Look in all the cupboards, take off the plinth and look under the units, under the stairs - you find filling loops anywhere - unless its a really cowboy job and they've used a hose to fill through the drain-off valve.

good point found one under the bedroom floor once :eek:

And forgot the favorite place of all - behind the washing machine - great when you pull up the laminate floor sliding it out - coz the buggers not glued it together. :LOL:

Thanks for all the help guys, got my mate who is a central heating engineer coming today so hopefully he can sort it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back