Need to replace a brick under a lintel. What brick should i use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
Took a door lining out yesterday, its a load bearing wall so has a lintel above it, however the nail from the lining ripped the brick apart that the lintel is resting on. Its only a half brick.

Can anybody recommend what type of brick i should replace this with? The current bricks are 210 x 110 x 73 black that drill and chase like a hot knife through butter.
The only bricks i can find with the current situation are engineering bricks with the holes through the middle or facing bricks with the big recess on the middle. Didnt really be wanting to use these under the heavy lintel and put a door lining screw through it.
I have loads of dense concrete blocks at hand. Would it be ok to cut one of these to the size of the brick? Its a big size lintel with a whole 2 story wall above it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks, just cant get any atm , even my local merchants are either closed or only stock perforated.

Sponsored Links
I managed to find some spare bricks from a previously ripped down wall that were exactly the same. i used these and turned out perfect. thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back