1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Need to replace a brick under a lintel. What brick should i use?

Discussion in 'Building' started by perky416, 19 Apr 2020.

1. perky416

perky416

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys.
    Took a door lining out yesterday, its a load bearing wall so has a lintel above it, however the nail from the lining ripped the brick apart that the lintel is resting on. Its only a half brick.

Can anybody recommend what type of brick i should replace this with? The current bricks are 210 x 110 x 73 black that drill and chase like a hot knife through butter.
    The only bricks i can find with the current situation are engineering bricks with the holes through the middle or facing bricks with the big recess on the middle. Didnt really be wanting to use these under the heavy lintel and put a door lining screw through it.
    I have loads of dense concrete blocks at hand. Would it be ok to cut one of these to the size of the brick? Its a big size lintel with a whole 2 story wall above it.

Thanks

2. noseall

noseall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Use a solid blue.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. perky416

perky416

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, just cant get any atm , even my local merchants are either closed or only stock perforated.

5. ^woody^

^woody^

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Any old brick, any colour

6. Sponsored Links
  7. perky416

perky416

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I managed to find some spare bricks from a previously ripped down wall that were exactly the same. i used these and turned out perfect. thanks

• Like Like x 1