Neff cooker hob relights when the gas is blown out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had our engineer round to do annual check, and he noticed that if he blows on the gas hob (i.e. blows out the fire on the hob), the gas hob will restart the ignition so that it automatically re-ignites the hob.

He said this isn't supposed to happen.

Any thoughts? is it an issue with the spark ignition or the spark generator

Sponsored Links
I would check with Neff, you will need your model number, but if it is an auto ignition when you turn on each burner I would have thought that was what would happen. But some models have a flame failure safety device although I am not sure whether that should reignite the gas or turn it off.

Last edited:
Thanks, i think your right, just checked and my model has auto ignition

according to bosch website, (which i assume is the same as part of the same group)
  • Automatic Electronic Re-Ignition --In Case Flame Goes Out, the Burner is Automatically Re-Ignited
Bit annoyed that Neff didn't tell me this, as when i called them they said it was faulty and it shouldn't happen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back