No gas coming out of hob burners

Even with no mains power to the hob, you should still be able to use it. You just turn, press and light it with a match, then count to five before releasing. The mains power is just for the ignition system.

Idea is, that should the flame blow out, the thermocouple cools and releases the gas valve - fail safe.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help. I appreciate the assistance. I will play some more tomorrow and if I can’t sort it out I will call a professional.

Are you sure it wasn't previously set up for lpg and the injectors are too small ? I've come across this before where a customer inadvertantly bought an lpg appliance had it fitted by a registered gas fitter and it didn't work !

You really shouldn't be fitting cookers yourself it's dangerous ! How do to know there isn't a gas leak within the range itself unless fitted properly !

Go on Gas Safes website to find a local engineer simply put in your postcode.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
1) I agree with gasbanni- you should always get a professional to sort out gas issues - safety is important.

2) I believe I have investigated and found the issue - though further ignorance on my part may show I’m wrong...... apparently this cooker was converted to LPG gas and fitted with alternative parts and the seller neglected to mention it - this I hope explains why gas could come out when no nozzles where attached and yet failed to when nozzles where in place (a new discovery when systematically checking things).

Hopefully I new set of nozzles (if I can find them) will sort this all out. If I need anything further (I have the right hose) please let me know.

3) I have booked an engineer to install and check the cooker is correct. I have had to/ will have to wait a few weeks for him to fit me in (nobody wanted the work) but it is booked and I won’t be using or leaving the gas attached till this safety guy has been.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed helpful comments - some of the advice although not relevant to me could have been and I rarely post preferring to read past solutions- maybe this thread will help others as well as me.

Cheers

1) I agree with gasbanni- you should always get a professional to sort out gas issues - safety is important.

2) I believe I have investigated and found the issue - though further ignorance on my part may show I’m wrong...... apparently this cooker was converted to LPG gas and fitted with alternative parts and the seller neglected to mention it - this I hope explains why gas could come out when no nozzles where attached and yet failed to when nozzles where in place (a new discovery when systematically checking things).

Hopefully I new set of nozzles (if I can find them) will sort this all out. If I need anything further (I have the right hose) please let me know.

You will need nat gas injectors. ...post the model and serial no and I'll get you the info for them.........there's no point in a gas fitter turning up without them unless you've got them .......

3) I have booked an engineer to install and check the cooker is correct. I have had to/ will have to wait a few weeks for him to fit me in (nobody wanted the work) but it is booked and I won’t be using or leaving the gas attached till this safety guy has been.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed helpful comments - some of the advice although not relevant to me could have been and I rarely post preferring to read past solutions- maybe this thread will help others as well as me.

Cheers

Post the make model and serial number. ...Il, get you the part numbers.

Last edited:
Are you sure that the bayonet fitting is fully in the socket?

Not being so would likely result in no gas being output.

They are called jets..

Afraid not old bean they're called injectors ....for nat gas ...but in old school lpg circles they are called jets ....but not now in modern parlance ....are you sure your not thinking of Elton John ? Benny and the jets ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back