NEFF dishwasher error code E02

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if anyone can help.

My NEFF S51M53X0GB (FD9010 SM6P1F) dishwasher (2.5 yrs old) has just started to play up and issues an error code E02 on most wash programs.

Auto - E02
Gentle - E02
Eco - washes endlessly with 1 minute left on the timer

The unit is also cold inside at the end of the cycle or when I interrupt it in the case of the Eco program.

Powered it off completely overnight but no joy.

From what I've seen elsewhere on the web the error code is indicating a fault on the power board, likely to be with one of the relays.

I took the machine apart and have the power board in my hand but no evidence of fried components so nothing obvious to home in on.

A new power board is £140 so before I order one I wonder if anyone could confirm it is that at fault or suggest another cause?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Update for anyone who has a similar problem in future.

As I mentioned earlier I'd removed the power control board and inspected it for fried components, burnt tracks and alike but nothing was visibly faulty. I reassembled it and reconnected the cables to it.

I also reseated the connectors on the heat pump although again there was no visible signs of a fault (no burnt terminals etc.).

Having left the machine unplugged and with the power control board disconnected for around 3 days or more I reassembled everything, powered it up and it's all working again now.

Can't be sure whether it's reseating the cables that's done the trick or simply leaving it unplugged for 3 days. Either way if you have a similar problem it's worthwhile considering doing the above before replacing any parts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back