Neff oven B15M523GB Fumes

L

longdogs

We bought the above oven about a year and a half ago and have always suffered from acrid fumes when grilling or roasting. Sometimes the oven fills up with smoke which when released makes my eyes sting like mad. We have tried cleaning it which works for a while but then it suddenly returns. We have had several Neff fan ovens over the years and never had this problem before.

Is it a known problem with Neff ovens these days?

Ta!

Sponsored Links
When cooking fatty foods the fat can spit on the grill element and build up a layer, which will smoke badly when the grill is used, esp if the grill isn't used very offten.

Could it be that?

Thanks. yes I think it is exactly that. When using the oven there seems to be a lot of oil splattering around. Maybe I just need to adjust the temperature a bit more. Have been trying to get a balance with this oven since we've had it and it's not easy. I can't remember our previous ovens having such a problem.

The manual suggests that it is self cleaning on some surfaces and that any oil or fat will be burned off in the first few minutes and should then clear. Today, thick acrid smoke appeared half way through roasting potatoes.
I have since googled Neff oven smoke and found that I am not alone.

I would highly recommend a Neff oven if you fancy filling your house with thick, acrid, eye-stinging smoke. :LOL:

Thanks for you reply

Sponsored Links
If it is a known problem with the self clean linings then they have probably been recalled. I would suggest you contact Neff & ask for their opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back