Neff S4456 Dishwasher not filling for rinse cycle. UPDATED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a 12 year old DW with a not heating ip properly issue. It failed a year ago with the same symptoms - was the PCB track to the heater relay which I repaired. It failed again a few weeks back - this time the relay contact had burnt so I replaced the relay. was OK for a few weeks but has now gone again.

The relay and PCb are OK this time, the heater measures 23 ohms, the micro switch on the heater manifold works OK (with an ohmeter) and the cutout on the manifold is closed when the machine is off and cold. In other words it seems like it should work. The cost of getting the repair man is nearly £200 so not worth it - what else should I check?

My only remaining thought is it must be either the pressure switch or the thermal trip - but both work electrically with an ohmeter - they may not function correctly when running. Is that a possibility?

Is there anything else that can prevent the heating up - I know the relay contacts are closing and the voltdrop across them is millivolts?

UPDATE 2nd june. Have done some more detailed testing and found the issue is that its not filling for the rinse cycle - therefore it doesn't turn the heater on. At about 40 minutes from the end it gets stuck saying rinse, there is no water in the bottom OR the filler tank. If you manually add water it will rinse and dry and end the cycle successfully. What could cause it not to fill for rinse - it fills fine at all other times in the cycle?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back