Whirlpool ADP5962 dishwasher fault.error code.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, i have a whirlpool ADP 5962 dishwasher approx 6 years old.The circulation pump packed in just before christmas which i replaced and the dishwasher has been working fine until last week. The wash program stopped mid cycle and the start button started flashing continuously whilst at the same time the row of lights across the top for pre rinse,wash,dry & end lit up on at a time from left to right also rapidly. I switched the unit off for a few minutes and it worked fine a couple of times and then did the same. I turned the unit off again and now it sometimes runs the cycle but most of the time it starts on the pre rinse cycle filling with water and then jumps to the end and empties. i know its running a self diagnostic, but it then jumps back to the pre rinse and then continues to be stuck in this loop. The dishwasher doesnt show any fault light, it just repeats the cycle until you manually turn the selector dial to off. As soon as you turn it to a program it continues to run on the previous selected program regardless of the one you have selected.
Anyone got any ideas?
All filters are clear, no blockages in pipes & the salt level is ok. ive tried some hot water in the bottom and this allowed the unit to complete a full cycle but didnt go to dry mode, & then went back to the loop jumping to end but then going straight back to pre rinse loop again.
can anyone shed any light on this problem?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back