Neighbour requesting I move boiler vent installed pre 2002..

Thanks to everyone for the replies and comments.

We've responded with information regarding where the property boundary line is, as understood by the previous owners and the owners before them, and also before them. The reality is, that the boundary actually and has historically run not where the wooden fence is, but about 2 feet west. We've requested that they don't build therefore.

We have offered a compromise that in about 6 months we'll be extending on the other side of the house, and while we didn't intend to, we'll be moving the boiler and flue at this time. We also have let them know that we'll be happy to redefine legally and officially the boundary at this time to run where the fence is (as we don't really need that extra couple of feet!)

Hopefully this compromise, and an offer that it WILL be done, but just not in 28 days will satisfy them. We have repeatedly asked that they come and have a face to face chat about it. However, even though we see them in the garden, and we know they see us, they haven't made any attempt to take us up on this offer.

What they do next, I don't know. But hopefully this compromise will be satisfactory for them.

Thanks once again to EVERYONE for comments both challenging and supportive. Really appreciate it.

ddm*

Sponsored Links
I would never give away land free,something which i have paid for but thats just me.I am glad you have tried to compromise and now you know where you stand if they still being arsey then sod them!

Perhaps you did but i would have marked the offer 'without predjudice' in case you need to withdraw said offer (bargaining chip)

Sponsored Links
Its a rule of negotiation that you dont make your best offer at first.

Not only have you made a better than best offer but you are now expecting they will accept it just because you think its a reasonable offer.

The best think to have done would have been to be very agressive. That would have put then on the defensive. In time thye would have been happy to accept any arrangement that allows them to build their extension including paying you for the unfenced land to be transfered to them.

Rather than actually transferring you could have entered into a Deed of Rectification.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back