Advice please on Gas Fire Flue outlet on neighbours property

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of the Law re this point. Do I own the air under my eaves which overhang my great friends and neighbours property? I currently have permission under an ' easement' for our gas fire to discharge into their garden. We are planning to move, and we want to ensure that our buyers can also have this permission, which is ok by our neighbour, and his permission would be given. Do we ask him to put this in writing for our buyers? or is this all to complicated to be covered under the present 'easement' with him? There was a gas fire installed there previously by the original builders which is about 26 years ago. Any thought or experience on this one please would be most welcome. hiltonron.

Sponsored Links
if you have an easement then it will state in the easement whether it is perpetual or limited to the present owner.

your conveyancing solicitor should sort all this out for you

Sponsored Links
Planning to move?

Get the RGI to take the gas fire out and block up hole, save you too much trouble.

Put in an electric fire. Simply.

Daniel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back