Neighbours down lights - no fire caps and sound leakage

I've always wondered why all downlighters don't come as fire-rated as standard
I've always wondered why the regulators don't get a grip, look at the lux/w (at, say, 2.5m) instead of the lumens/w, and just ban the ******* things.

And then phase out all MR16 lamps with GU10/GZ10/GU5.3 etc bases in short order. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Presumably the BAS house has lamps on the end of flex hanging from the ceiling, since this results in the maximum lux/watt from a lamp.

A bit awkward to measure the lux/watt for any fitting since that measurement depends on the reflectivity and proximity of the room's walls and ceiling.

Presumably the BAS house has lamps on the end of flex hanging from the ceiling, since this results in the maximum lux/watt from a lamp.
Actually no - I'm not a big fan of dangly lights.

A bit awkward to measure the lux/watt for any fitting since that measurement depends on the reflectivity and proximity of the room's walls and ceiling.
True.

But the current system is lunacy.

These are being phased out because they are "inefficient"

LAGLS100ES.JPG

but these are OK because they are brighter

LAX50GUF.JPG

and the people deciding that are completely ignoring the fact that you'll probably consume 5-10x the amount of electricity using the latter to light up rooms than you would using the former. Madness.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back