Neon tube light stopped working - MCB tripped

Sponsored Links
If your spare works why do you need another?
The spare breaker I put in has some electrical tape wrapped around it (by some previous owner I guess). The breaker does isolate the circuit when I press the botton, but I am a bit sceptical about its remaining life time.

Yeah, thanks. I am going to sleep over it.
Here is a photo of the unit including the taped breaker that is now on the lighting circuit. Is there any reason to think it won't be safe due it being taped?
(There is a clear plastic cover over the breakers which I only removed for taking the picture)

Attachments

• WP_20170330_18_13_33_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170330_18_13_33_Pro.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 108
Sponsored Links
Bought the house only six month ago (and it has a more modern RCD protected Wylex CU), but will save up to get the garage CU replaced...

You may well not need a CU in the garage.

How is it supplied, and what circuits does it supply?

It is supplied through an armoured cable from the RCD-side of the main consumer unit (I think it is on a 32amp MCB). In parts it runs outside. The garage CU has one lighting circuit (5amp) two socket circuits (30amp each). One of these are sockets in the garage, the other are sockets in the conservatory that is built off the garage (and links to the house).

Then you do not need a CU in the garage.

The sockets are fine on the 32A circuit from the house, and the lights on an FCU off that.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. Then I will just leave it for now and sort it out only once something gives up the ghost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back