Nest 2nd gen thermostat help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've been changing our kitchen socket switches to brushed metal ones and on Sunday I changed the fuse switch for the boiler.

Turned off the main fuse board took a picture of the wiring and went and changed the socket.

IMG_20220424_140649.jpg

Now we've noticed the nest thermostat has gone off at the wall and the lights no longer on at the heat link.

So I've switched the sockets back to how it was but still no luck.

Any ideas?

The nest is saying No power to RH wire & then heat link connecting, which fails then says the power to the thermostat is off..

Sponsored Links
How is the nest thermostat powered ? by USB or by the receiver ? are you sure when you swap the wires over you are not connecting onto the wiring insulation instead of the conductor

How is the nest thermostat powered ? by USB or by the receiver ? are you sure when you swap the wires over you are not connecting onto the wiring insulation instead of the conductor
The thermostat is powered by the heat link. I can charge it myself via USB but it only lasts an hour or two.

Turned the boiler fuse off all night and decided to check the wires in the socket to make sure they were seated properly, one of the blue wires felt loose, turned it all back and the bloody thing has powered up again :?:

I'm now a bit anxious about putting the replacement fuse socket back on.

Sponsored Links
one of the blue wires felt loose, turned it all back and the bloody thing has powered up again :?:
Well that is your problem you need to make the connection correctly.

I can charge it myself via USB but it only lasts an hour or two.

I using the USB it needs to be plugged in all the time if not wired to the receiver , it is the power source , it is not there to charge it up

Maybe so, but there is no requirement to do so under the regs as long as the back box has atleast one fixed lug which it has.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back