Nest Gen 3 altering its schedule on its own?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The thermostat is not really in the best place, when I got Nest Gen 3 I was under the impression it was compatible with the Energenie MyHome TRV's we already had, and I could hard wire thermostat to heat link with just two wires, at 12 volt as there is some where a joint in the cable as starts red. yellow, blue and ends brown, black, grey and one core open circuit, so did not want 230 volt on this cable.

What I did not realise is my hall is slow to cool, every room has a door to outside and living room and kitchen alternative heating, so since outside door in hall never used, and hall centre of house, it seems a good place for the thermostat, and wires already there.

But since a distance from radiators it takes time to warm up, so over night 16°C and at 9 am moves to 16.5°C, 11am 17°C, 1pm 17.5°C, 4:30pm 18.5°C and 6pm 19°C and 00.15am back to 16°C it is not that we want the hall at these temperatures, but it causes the heating to run on a regular basis so the 9 programmable TRV heads can control the rooms. The hall takes too long to cool, so every other room is cold before the boiler runs again if we try to set a single day temperature, hind sight is easy, should have got a thermostat that links to the TRV's I thought I had, but seems google removed support, so to correct would cost a lot of money both wall thermostat and TRV heads would need changing.

However it works well enough, until I realise on a lovely warm day at 10am the central heating is running, and I find Nest has got a new scheduled change at 10 am to 18.5°C, which we have not programmed in, first time I thought wife must have been cold and turned dial and Nest had learnt, but it has happened again, Nest seems to have added at 10am 18.5°C.

For domestic hot water every other day it runs 8am to 8:30am there is no tank thermostat simple thermo-syphon. This is deleted during winter months.

Some times in the evening not warm enough and I will turn it up again, but in the morning I want house reasonable cool as sun can cause it to get too hot.

So any ideas why Nest adds 18.5°C at 10am? I have never tried to use Nest Mini to control heating, but we have got I think 7 of them, mainly as no radio reception in the house.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back