Nest Hello video doorbell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was tempted to use a nest cam iq outdoor on my front door but I'm not a big fan on having a CCTV pointing at the door so am considering a video doorbell instead.

As the porch hasn't been plastered yet there's an opportunity to get it done now. What would I need in order to have one fitted?

I currently don't have a wired doorbell or a chime. I currently have a Friedland wireless doorbell.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Sponsored Links
A Ring doorbell can be powered or battery powered. We have the powered version so we can forget about ever needing to charge the battery.

For that you need cabling to a 12 or 24v AC transformer which may or may not also power a door chime.

That cabling will have to make its way out of the porch to somewhere you can get power from.

Alternatively, buy the battery powered version and just screw it to the wall. Make sure that the porch is in range of your wifi though in both cases.

If you have any sense run a cat5 to the door bell .... at least you can use it for any eventuality

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back