Nest on combi boiler vaillant ecotec pro 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want to buy nest 3rd generation and install myself on my boiler but when I look at the wiring on nest instructions I can see that there are 2 ways to do so. One is 230v and one is dry contact.
i have attached a picture of my motherboard.
I have to wire L & N from 230V to N & L to the heat link so far nothing difficult. Then, my question is I should wire from 230V rt one line to n’ 3 on heat link and loop n’2 to L and wire the earth from 230V to the earth next to T1 & T2 and remove that loop on 24V tt or I have to wire N & L as the previous but instead using 24V rt wire in 2 and 3 on heat link?
What the difference between them ? if they both correct .
Hopefully everything is clear...
0F642B73-40C6-447D-8FE8-5534531758B3.jpeg

Thanks​

Sponsored Links
Although it says bus, that does not mean it is opentherm, I think opentherm is around 40 volt, but I would want to see opentherm written in the installation instructions before connecting up, and I would use separate cables for the low and extra low voltage.

The on/off function of Nest is volt free, does not matter if 24 (extra low voltage) or 230 (low voltage) however clearly not as good as opentherm if that can be used. It seems some boilers you remove a link when using opentherm, but you need to read the installation instructions you can't guess, you have to read what it says.

@ericmark the op hasn’t mentioned opentherm.

@Maurizio - not much of it makes sense, and you have removed the cover from a boiler that forms part of the combustion circuit, so I do hope you intend on carrying out 26.9 critical safety checks after work on a gas appliance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back