1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Nest Thermostat E Heatlink installation (replacing Strom receiver for Valliant ecoPure Plus)

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by jimbo1982, 16 Feb 2021.

1. jimbo1982

jimbo1982

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    In the attached photos you can see the wiring and wiring diagram of the receiver I am looking to replace with my Nest Thermostat E Heatlink.

My question is around the Common connection. As you can see I have a jumper from L to COM. Am I correct to believe that I should use L (brown wire) as the wire for the COM connection on the Heatlink, alongside the green/yellow for the NO? I would then cap off the N as this is not required.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. stem

stem

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The terminals are marked the same on both devices. So:

The brown wire is the Live and goes to Nest-e terminal 'C' [COM]

The green / yellow wire is the Switched Live and goes to Nest-e terminal 'NO'

It's bad practice to use green/yellow wire for a live connection, as a minimum it should have a brown sleeve over it to indicate this.

No other connections at the Nest-e are required. The blue neutral wire should be insulated / isolated safely and tucked out of the way.

4. jimbo1982

jimbo1982

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you for confirming. I did think that about the wire colours. Will do as you suggest and use a sleeve.