Nest Thermostat E trips RCD

Sponsored Links
Yes just bad luck, not connected.

As to name, like calling an air velocity cleaner, a vacuum cleaner or Hoover, it does not create a vacuum and there are other makes as well as Hoover, but very few would call it an air velocity cleaner.

The distribution unit can be type tested when it will be called a consumer unit, and there is a make of consumer unit called fuse box, and even today one can use fuses, normally for semi-condutors protection, but even the Part P law called them consumer units instead of distribution unit which would have covered all.

So in real terms does not matter what it's called as long as we know what your talking about. Could call it thingy in the picture.

As to name, like calling an air velocity cleaner, a vacuum cleaner ... it does not create a vacuum...
I think that's a bit harsh - whatever the mechanism, it does attempt to create a vacuum, just as does any vacuum pump, doesn't it? It's probably closer to the truth than "suck", "suction" and "negative pressure", which are all non-existent concepts (in terms of Physics) but which we all happily talk about :)

However, I certainly agree that all that matters is that we know what people are talking about.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I disagree. We are supposed to be professionals. I can understand a DIYer getting it wrong but not professionals.
I have seen the silly apprentice who says bulbs are planted and it's a lamp, and also seen them order a head lamp and get what they ordered minus the bulb, which was the bit they wanted.

Those who are old enough remember oil and gas lamps, where the bit that does what the bulb does today is called a wick or mantel.

As to air velocity cleaner I was working for the council, and the rep from Johnsons who made the road cleaners pointed out it was the air speed that mattered and setting it too low and it would not work as well. Never mind 1.6 kW max the ones I worked on were 60 odd brake horse power.

As to air velocity cleaner I was working for the council, and the rep from Johnsons who made the road cleaners pointed out it was the air speed that mattered and setting it too low and it would not work as well.
Well, yes, of course. It's the air velocity that 'tries to create a vacuum' (or, for those who wish to use the incorrect terms, creates 'negative pressure' or 'suction').

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back