Nest Yale lock

Sponsored Links
Sync the nest Yale lock to nest nest doorbell (s).

Visitor presses relevant bell, respective homeowner is alerted on their phone. Then the homeowner remotely unlocks the nest Yale lock from their phone. Door opens...

Then the homeowner remotely unlocks the nest Yale lock from their phone.

If the homeowner is remotem not in the house, why would he or she want to allow access to the house.

As a gimmick it looks good, as a security feature it is highly suspect.

Sponsored Links
Sorry I should have omitted "remotely" and just said from inside his/her house.

Basically I am trying to replace the old intercom with something more modern and hi tech that is as useful but not as costly to install as a standard door entry system.

Agree. But I think the cost of traditional old entry systems are difficult to justify. I think the conclusion from this thread is that no one uses this sort of device currently or is sceptical of new technology.

or is sceptical of new technology.

The sales people selling hi-tech equipment seldom if ever mention the errors and ommissions that might ( will ) cause problems for the user.

To be fair the design teams might not have told the sales people about the down side of the equipment, in fact the design team may not be aware of them until there is negative feed back from unhappy customers. Reducing "Time to Market" means there is not always time to carry out comprehensive "what if" testing of the design

It's the same old story of technology looking for a market. Regardless of the need.

Sorry I should have omitted "remotely" and just said from inside his/her house.

Basically I am trying to replace the old intercom with something more modern and hi tech that is as useful but not as costly to install as a standard door entry system.

Cheaper to replace the old door entry system ...

2 Nest doorbells and the Nest Yale lock will be over £600.

A 2 station intercom with lock release can be had for under £100, and doesn't need smartphones or internet connection either.

For reference, thset are the snaps of the old intercom.

Attachments

• IMG-20181210-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20181210-WA0003.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG-20181210-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20181210-WA0004.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 220
As long as it's not a 2 wire version ! But it's one of my choices of intercoms along with Aiphone ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back