Never knew (2)

Reaction score
Dystopia, a small island too close to Europe
Country
United Kingdom
Some things come as a bit of a shock to you. I enjoy watching Michael Portillo on the telly, interesting to listen too, natty dresser, seems a top bloke. I read the other day that he is married, and has been for 40 years, never crossed my mind that he was. still think he's a top bloke.
Anyone else found something out that came as a shock?

Sponsored Links
His uncle and father ( brothers) fought on opposing sides in the Spanish civil war (afaik)

Sponsored Links
Only found out last week but

Never new a customer we have worked for for over 20 years was a
Refugee to the UK from Cambodia
And escaped when that fruit cake pol pot took over

she is also an author and has written a book on her escape from Cambodia

she was also awarded an MBE

Saw her face on a poster/ display in a shop window on Saturday

(Holocaust Memorial Day )

blimey :confused:

Last edited:
Interesting. Have to concur always liked him wanted him to go further in politics and surprised be didn't go higher up.
I must admit I always thought he kicked with the left foot.
Some of his colour coordinations with clothing are interesting but love him lots all the same. Nice chap.

His uncle and father ( brothers) fought on opposing sides in the Spanish civil war (afaik)
I'm sure his dad was/is Spanish and his surname is pronounced Porteeyo, but it has been anglicised.

Not an issue for me at all. Is it for you? The blokes had a bit of cock in his time. So what?

It might not be very PC these days to use those words to describe minorities, but I don't think using them makes a person homophobic, racist or or any other ist.
Those words were part of our language growing up, we all used them but we all ran around together. All those minority people were part of our group.
I served my time in a garage in the early 70's, the language, isms, insults etc that were flying around every minute of every day would make your your hair curl, (I mean no offence to anyone with curly hair) What a laugh it was at the time.
I wouldn't like to be an apprentice these days with all this PC sh¡t, we'd all be locked up.

Sponsored Links
Back