New alarm system recommendation please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’m looking for new alarm system, will mostly use the existing wires for PIR but will add a few more wireless ones where the old system didn’t have sensors. Also I’d like to have iOS app for notifications if the alarm is triggered, and the ability to reset remotely via Wifi/4G ( will combine with the use of cameras to check situation before reset). Not really interested to connect to police or monitor center etc.

Had a quote from Banham but too expensive for me (4.5k), what would you gurus recommend as a good system but not cost a leg and arm? Thanks very much for inputs.

Sponsored Links
Well the quotation amount doesn't tell me anything to be honest about what you have been quoted on.

For example how big the system is and what devices etc.

so 4.5K could be cheap or it could be expensive or it could be in the right ball park for what you have been offered.

Well the quotation amount doesn't tell me anything to be honest about what you have been quoted on.

For example how big the system is and what devices etc.

so 4.5K could be cheap or it could be expensive or it could be in the right ball park for what you have been offered.

Thanks secureiam. The Banham will charge monthly fees for the phone app so expensive or not I am not going with their system. I see the forum is mostly talk about texecom, is it mostly because it's more diy friendly?

well cant help you if you want to with hold information.

there is a lot of talk about several different brands and its based on what your looking for versus what the systems are capable of.

if you want to diy then pyronix is considered relatively simple compared with Texecom.

your not being open so cant say if its a good or bad deal for whats on offer, remember I haven't seen the premises, no idea of what has been specified or what you want.

Sponsored Links
Personally I’d keep the intruder alarm and cctv systems separate.

Intruder - Pyronix Euro 46.
CCTV - Hikvision Tvi

Pyronix are owned by Hikvision so you can use both systems via one app.

Out of interest how much were Banham asking to subscribe for the usage of the app?

well cant help you if you want to with hold information.

there is a lot of talk about several different brands and its based on what your looking for versus what the systems are capable of.

if you want to diy then pyronix is considered relatively simple compared with Texecom.

your not being open so cant say if its a good or bad deal for whats on offer, remember I haven't seen the premises, no idea of what has been specified or what you want.

Thanks for trying to help here but I really don't understand the comment of I am not being open and withhold info. In my post I was simply asking brand+system recommendation with the functions I needed. You asked in the PM of the Banham quotation which I didn't provide because I was NOT asking if it was a good deal or not, and I also said I didn't want to go with them because I was not prepared to pay for the ongoing cost - so I don't see the point of sending the quotation.

Maybe I should not mentioned them from the beginning?

Personally I’d keep the intruder alarm and cctv systems separate.

Intruder - Pyronix Euro 46.
CCTV - Hikvision Tvi

Pyronix are owned by Hikvision so you can use both systems via one app.

Out of interest how much were Banham asking to subscribe for the usage of the app?

Thanks Gibbies. I'll have a look at Pyronix. Did not need the intruder alarm and cctv to be one system, was just saying I 'll use the cctv/cameras to check situation if received alarm on mobile, if false alarm I can then set it off.

Maybe I should clarify.

Don't know what you want or the site layout, so you have had 2 quotes one at 1.2K and one at 4.5K, both mean nothing to me wrt to whats needed for your property.

Seeing the break down on the quotes will determine the difference and possibly change my advice as to which systems are suitable and what equipment to look at and why.

Now if you have hard wired or wireless devices, which hard wired or wireless devices, all of these impact on the price.
Now I wouldn't install petwise sensors, because of how they work, but when you consider a compact PW-W is roughly around half the price of a QD-W for example, its significant not to mention the costs of a DT-W compared to the others.

remember not seen your property, not aware of what sort of things you are wanting/ not wanting.

if your going DIY, then many see the pyronix as simpler to setup, whether its right for you is a different matter.

Just checked the pricing, it's £45/month based on 12 mth subscription, but it includes the app, and 24/7 monitoring and one annual service. The later two I don't need so not good value for me just for the app.

Maybe I should clarify.

Don't know what you want or the site layout, so you have had 2 quotes one at 1.2K and one at 4.5K, both mean nothing to me wrt to whats needed for your property.

Seeing the break down on the quotes will determine the difference and possibly change my advice as to which systems are suitable and what equipment to look at and why.

Now if you have hard wired or wireless devices, which hard wired or wireless devices, all of these impact on the price.
Now I wouldn't install petwise sensors, because of how they work, but when you consider a compact PW-W is roughly around half the price of a QD-W for example, its significant not to mention the costs of a DT-W compared to the others.

remember not seen your property, not aware of what sort of things you are wanting/ not wanting.

if your going DIY, then many see the pyronix as simpler to setup, whether its right for you is a different matter.

Thanks a lot. I'll have a look at the Pyronix in details and check the sensors I needed, then I can ask specific questions.

Visonic do a system with Camera Pirs you can monitor yourself and see why the alarm has activated.

They have infra red, they are not the quality of full cctv but they are designed so you know why the system has activated and can act upon it..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back