New bath draining slowly.

That shower bar should be horizontal (I trust it's the photo that makes it look vertical) - and we have a funny little tool that we use called a spirit level ;) As for the threads showing - bit careless of him to leave so much showing. Indicates a lack of eye for detail, which is true of the rest of his workmanship to be honest, so at least he's consistent.

Think I'd write down a complete snagging list of everything that's been highlighted here and hand it to him. See what he has to say, but be polite and firm. Luckily, nothing permanent has been done - from what can make out the whole lot can be ripped out and completed in a day anyway.

Part of the situation (for us observing this) is not knowing what was agreed beforehand regarding pipe runs etc.

Sponsored Links
That shower bar should be horizontal (I trust it's the photo that makes it look vertical) - and we have a funny little tool that we use called a spirit level ;) As for the threads showing - bit careless of him to leave so much showing. Indicates a lack of eye for detail, which is true of the rest of his workmanship to be honest, so at least he's consistent.

Think I'd write down a complete snagging list of everything that's been highlighted here and hand it to him. See what he has to say, but be polite and firm. Luckily, nothing permanent has been done - from what can make out the whole lot can be ripped out and completed in a day anyway.

Part of the situation (for us observing this) is not knowing what was agreed beforehand regarding pipe runs etc.

Thanks for the comments, I will do a list as you suggest and see what he says..

As for pipe runs etc I expect him to know what he is doing ! I did point out the altenative way for the bath waste but he did nothing and plodded on with his methods..He has been on for ages and has already cost me an extra £40.00 by cutting a panel wrong while installing a semi recessed basin.. He reckons the template was wrong!

would I be within my rights to withhold payment untill its sorted out to my satisfaction?

would I be within my rights to withhold payment untill its sorted out to my satisfaction?
Yes, entirely reasonable for you to expect him to complete the work up to industrial and regulation compliant standards before you give him any cash.

As for the miscut of the panel - it's possible I suppose, although if you want to make sure you could ask him to show you the old and the new pieces against the template provided by the sink manufacturer. I'd also want to make sure that he's sealed the exposed edges of the cut panel. I'm starting to get a picture of matey boy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back