New bathroom light pull

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
was wondering if anyone can help me

I’m trying to replace an old bathroom light pull

Old one
65BF9E51-30B6-4594-86E7-9A5528150E91.jpeg A6F8E4A3-7FD5-41BD-A65B-9B4B6E1AF2EC.jpeg

New one
79ACBCE1-7EA8-43D5-B3BE-E179BBE95D88.jpeg 90DD5781-990A-43BC-8717-276BA1C6FCA3.jpeg

The new one has 3 terminals

L1 which the red cable goes into
L2 which the black cable goes into
COM ??

Do I put the earth cable into the metal side in pic 2 of the new one?

Still leaves me with an earth cable on the new one?

Sponsored Links
Red to COM
Black to L1

Earth wire to earth terminal. You don't need the extra bit of green/yellow if the cable earth reaches.

The wires from the cable
Red to COM
Black to L1
Green/Yellow to Earth terminal on plastic

The piece of green/yellow wire has to connect the Earth terminal on the plastic to the Earth terminal on the metal cover.

Therefor there will be 2 Earth wires in the Earth terminal on the plastic,

Cheers I got it wrong haha

So black into L1
Red into COM

then connect the earth cable that’s in the old one and the earth cable that’s in the new both together into the side of the new one?
C3E33955-8AA0-45B6-B425-ABDF83181AF8.jpeg

Sponsored Links
So black into L1
Red into COM
We both have told you:
Red to COM
Black to L1
but it doesn't matter which way round they are.

then connect the earth cable that’s in the old one and the earth cable that’s in the new both together into the side of the new one?
You must connect the earth wire from the cable to the metal.
Whether you do this directly or connect both wires to the terminal on the plastic also does not matter.

Having a job getting both earth cables in together, is it ok to wrap both metal ends around each other then put it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back