New bathroom light required?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bathroom light doesn't seem to be working although extractor is still running fine, just thought i'd swap out the bulb and nope, still not working. Had a Google and it's this one
https://www.tradesparky.com/lamps-and-lighting/fittings-standard/wall-mounted-and-bulkhead/deta-l1044ch-cfl-surface-luminaire-28w
which it's discontinued.
I get that it has to ip44 rated and although the bathroom is rarely used, knowing women it will have to be like for like. Could it be possible and cheaper to swap out the ballast (Googled the part number and that's what came up) or a new light.
Had a look on ebay/amazon and they seem to take various bulbs but not the D ones that i have spare.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Were it me faced with the problem, I would be looking to convert the fitting to LED. Add some suitable lamp-holders to the existing fitting. 2D lamps were never cheap, but seem rare now - but if you have spares it is probably worth repairing what you have. Are you sure it is the ballast which has failed? Have you checked the starter?

I might even have some spare 2D's I could let you collect for free, if you were passing here. West / North Yorks border.

Cheers for the info guys.
@Harry Bloomfield. I'm in Scotland but cheers for offer.
@SFK looks like it. But looking for something cheaper if possible.
Swapped over the light from the en-suite to the bathroom and it works, so definately the unit not working. House is on the market, so don't want to spend too much. Cheap but safe.
Used to work in B&Q few year back and could have sworn these were about the £10 mark.

Sponsored Links
Though its likely it may work, thats not the correct ballast for a 28w 2D

Though its likely it may work, thats not the correct ballast for a 28w 2D
It is, look it up on the Tridonic website, it specifically lists a 28w 2D lamp as being compatible. I've fitted loads of 2D bulkheads that came with these ballasts in from the factory also.

Ended up getting a cheap led bulhead from screwfix. Question is though, when the hell did they start using push connectors rather than screwed ones (although earth was screw). Took a lot longer than it should have ti install the light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back