New Bathroom

Joined
7 Jan 2011
Messages
580
Reaction score
10
Location
North
Country
Ireland
Hi All

I am currently renovating my bathroom.

I have encountered a problem and wonder is I am correct with this.

My hot water has not isolation valve in the airing cupboard (gravity fed system) but my cold water does.

I have a electric power shower which has a internal pump and hot/cold feed and I want to install a new mixer shower.

I can turn off the cold water OK to amend pipe work to install a shower wall plate but the hot water I cant.

If I turn off the cold water supply to the hot water cylinder run the hot water tap will that reduce the hot water flow and eventually stop the flow so I can go ahead and amend the pipe work?

Then I can install temporay isolation valves to pipes tile my bathroom then do the same again to install the mixer shower.

Would this be a plan of action?

Thanks
 
Loft tanks need a bung or draining.
If you use water it gets replaced by water in tank.
Normally a tap between header tank and cylinder
 
Loft tanks need a bung or draining.
If you use water it gets replaced by water in tank.
Normally a tap between header tank and cylinder
apologies I meant that I have a isolation at the bottom of the tank that closes the water supply to the cylinder in the airing cupboard - that would by closing this I assume it would have the same effect as bunging it?
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top