New Blow Torch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, basically im an aprentice and want to buy my first blow torch. my boss uses a primus 2000 and think thats what he want me to buy as the new cans will be cheaper (reusable)... Where can I buy these from and do they really work out cheaper once uve bought the bottle + torch??? Are they any good??? Im not too keen on his as it flares up cinstantly, but that might be due to me being poo.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Blow torches are more prone to flaring when the cylinder is full, as liqufied gas can pass through the valve before vapourising.

I keep a half full cylinder for working in awkward corners where I have to tilt my blowtorch (less chance of getting the liquified gas as far as the valve)

What you need is one of these......
0893_2.JPG

Oh, and don't forget one of these to use with it:

fire_engine_defence_1024.jpg

Hi, basically im an aprentice and want to buy my first blow torch. my boss uses a primus 2000 and think thats what he want me to buy as the new cans will be cheaper (reusable)... Where can I buy these from and do they really work out cheaper once uve bought the bottle + torch??? Are they any good??? Im not too keen on his as it flares up cinstantly, but that might be due to me being poo.

cheers

rothenberger superfire2 with the yellow(propane mix) cylinders, takes a while to get used to because its so hot. you can get the black(butane) cylinders for a colder flame.

the propane mix will solder 1" pipes outside in a howling gale in seconds and you wont have to worry about the odd drip of water in any domestic sized copper pipe. i get zero flareups. spares are avalabe for the torch too.

Sponsored Links
calor gas make and sell torch and gas bottle 4.5 kg last weeks ;) you will keep this set up for ever :D

no you dont. yellow is mapp. propane is black. well thats what it says on the can.

regarding TicklyT's post, my brother was in hospital and opposite him was a boke who had pumped his one too much and it exploded burning all his face.

must be 40+ years ago now

cheers

rothenberger superfire2 with the yellow(propane mix) cylinders, takes a while to get used to because its so hot. you can get the black(butane) cylinders for a colder flame.

the propane mix will solder 1" pipes outside in a howling gale in seconds and you wont have to worry about the odd drip of water in any domestic sized copper pipe. i get zero flareups. spares are avalabe for the torch too.

Or if you don't want to pay over the odds, by the BernzOmatic one from B&Q or ScrewFix for £39, it's exactly the same torch for about half the price! Oh, and use the blue propane cylinders, plenty hot enough for plumbing.

calor gas make and sell torch and gas bottle 4.5 kg last weeks ;) you will keep this set up for ever :D
I had one of those bottles but with a wicked bullfinch autotorch till some scally pinched it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Now I have one of them superfire thingies and the piezo knacked up on it. I am glad in a way cos I always had visions of me not turning it off properly and something landing on it in the back of my van, then the thing igniting and setting my van on fire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back