new boiler needed?

Peterborough and Wisbech is too far on the A14 for me. I would rather go the M11. The A11 can be a nightmare sometimes at Elvedon and I can't wait for the day they dual it. Norwich is the only major city in the UK that isn't connected to London by at least a dual carriageway!

Tell me about it :eek: And to think we used to be the capital of England :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
chuck another pony on that and as many bacon sarnies as I can eat and I will come up and help you dave old son

;)

I was down your neck of the woods a few months ago. Did a big old job in woking over 3 weeks. It was worth my while so much I stayed at the travelodge in Guildford for most of that. Theres a really good greasy spoon near the railway there!

the wooden bridge mmmm lovely

Surely it would make sense to fix the boiler your having problems with?

Cost to replace has to be £1200 minimum, cost to fix, especially a chaff leak, probably under £150

What model is it and wheres it leaking from.

EDIT: Also just read you original post agin. Are you sure the leak isnt on the system pipework, meaning chaing the boiler would have no benefit?

I thought it would be cheaper but it seems fitters only want to fit new , I had someone out who said if he fixed one leak another would spring up then proceeded to quote me £1000 to fit a new boiler (which was all he wanted to do I think) it is leaking from up in the back and not the pipework below , its a britony chafateau et maury , I would rather get it fixed as it would be a better profit margin when I sell the house , I would also like to find an honest plumber who I can keep using on future houses not some shiester who only wants to fit new.

Sponsored Links
Right theres a long list of parts it could be leaking but the 2 places that i would check first could be either the automatic airvent leaking from the right hand side above the pump, which could just require tightening down or the left hand side hydralic block which is basically just a lump of plastic which house's various other compoents, they seem to have a habit of cracking where the thermister plugs in which can be very hard to spot even if it's in your hand. Last time i enquired this was about £18 + vat and takes about 20 minutres to change. Make sure who ever does it changes the lip seals between this and the plate heat exchanger. Never normally get any problems with the 'O' rings which are used to seal most of the internals together along with a wire clip.

Who ever you got out just wanted an easy job.

Also check all the nut's which the pipework connect to as these have a habit of weaping.

Can you see where it's coming from with the case off?

Sam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back