new boiler needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got a chafateux which has a leak and loses pressure slowly , from what I can gather these arent the best and and wondering whether to repair or replace it , bearing in mind I am only doing the house up to sell and not keeping it I just need a cheap condensing combi that looks good for prospective buyers , any ideas on prices + fitting etc? is it cheaper to buy it myself then find a fitter? I am in Gt Yarmouth area

Sponsored Links
there are a few from your area here ,grab one of them and they'll give you advice and a fair price. on a sidenote i do reports for prospective buyers, any boiler of that quality i'd be pointing out so the buyers know exactly what they are paying for and can adjust their offer accordingly.

Sponsored Links
I would always advise a quality replacement boiler and stress this when selling.

You will gain as the better boiler will have longer warranty to offer the potential buyer so is one less thing they have to worry about.

In terms of supplying yourself you probably won't save that much overall and the installer won't offer any warranty on the parts supplied, so it could cost the occupier if a false warranty call was placed in the event of problems.

If it is supplied and fitted then you will have a stronger selling pitch. IMHO.

I cover most of Norfolk and North Suffolk.

I only work with fixed price quotes.

If you contact me via my profile I can arrange a quote for you.

Surely it would make sense to fix the boiler your having problems with?

Cost to replace has to be £1200 minimum, cost to fix, especially a chaff leak, probably under £150

What model is it and wheres it leaking from.

EDIT: Also just read you original post agin. Are you sure the leak isnt on the system pipework, meaning chaing the boiler would have no benefit?

Come Dr Drivel

how does someone working on a boiler for NO gain make them safe?????

Whilst not wanting to tread on anyones toes, you can also email me if you want another quote on the replacement job. I might consider installing the B Q boiler which someone mentioned. I work Cambridge, Norwich and London areas.

Watch out, I also cover Cambridge, St Neots , Peterborough etc :LOL:

I just add £150/day for these areas, and surprisingly get the work :eek:

Hate to think what you lot charge to make me competitive at these rates :LOL:

Peterborough and Wisbech is too far on the A14 for me. I would rather go the M11. The A11 can be a nightmare sometimes at Elvedon and I can't wait for the day they dual it. Norwich is the only major city in the UK that isn't connected to London by at least a dual carriageway!

Watch out, I also cover Cambridge, St Neots , Peterborough etc :LOL:

I just add £150/day for these areas, and surprisingly get the work :eek:

Hate to think what you lot charge to make me competitive at these rates :LOL:

chuck another pony on that and as many bacon sarnies as I can eat and I will come up and help you dave old son

;)

corgiman said:
chuck another pony on that and as many bacon sarnies as I can eat and I will come up and help you dave old son

;)

I was down your neck of the woods a few months ago. Did a big old job in woking over 3 weeks. It was worth my while so much I stayed at the travelodge in Guildford for most of that. Theres a really good greasy spoon near the railway there!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back