New boiler, now shower doesn’t work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My conventional boiler was replaced with an Ideal Logic Combi C30 on Friday. Since the install, my Triton Enrich 8.5kw shower no longer works properly - it turns on but no water comes out. I informed the plumbers who installed the boiler and they checked that water is going to the shower (which it is) so said it must be a fault with the shower. This seems suspicious to me because it worked fine the morning of the install...

However, the shower is within guarantee so I’ve booked an engineer from Triton to come and look at it on Friday. They have an £85 call out charge if the shower isn’t at fault though, so I just wanted to check what you guys think - is it a fault with the shower, or is it something to do with my new boiler installation?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thought most electric showers were mains fed? If it turns on, voltage need some to be checked, and if water is definitely getting there I’d suspect the solenoid coil - as above just bad luck.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Check the voltage at the showers main terminal block , live to neutral , is 230/240 volts. If you have a ceiling mounted / pull cord isolation switch ,and you use it every time ,before and after showering ,it's probably failed . Even if you see a light on at the shower !!

Maybe the plumber allowed debris to get into the pipe supplying the shower and fillter or / and flow switch has been clogged up.

Thanks very much for all your suggestions guys. I feel assured that I’m not going to get charged a call-out fee for wasting the engineer’s time!

Thanks very much for all your suggestions guys. I feel assured that I’m not going to get charged a call-out fee for wasting the engineer’s time!
You stated that the shower comes on ,but no water comes out , so what exactly does it do when it " comes on " ??

If it is blocked filters you probably will get charged, if it is wiring you definitely will get charged, you will only get the call out free if an internal component of the shower unit has failed

You stated that the shower comes on ,but no water comes out , so what exactly does it do when it " comes on " ??

It just hums (as in makes a noise, not smells...).

If it is blocked filters you probably will get charged, if it is wiring you definitely will get charged, you will only get the call out free if an internal component of the shower unit has failed

Oh really? Crap, might just buy a replacement then...

Hmmm. You'll get a much better shower experience by ditching the electric and using hot water from the combi. If the shower is above the bath then easiest fix is change the bath tap to bath + shower tap..

If no water is coming out of the shower, how do you know water is getting to it (yes the plumber told you it is connected, did he prove it by cracking the pipe union and getting wet).

check the inlet filter to the shower, if the plumbers were working on the water supply they may have dislodged or introduced something that has blocked the filter, it is very easy to check, just make sure you turn the power and the water off

Hmmm. You'll get a much better shower experience by ditching the electric and using hot water from the combi. If the shower is above the bath then easiest fix is change the bath tap to bath + shower tap..

If no water is coming out of the shower, how do you know water is getting to it (yes the plumber told you it is connected, did he prove it by cracking the pipe union and getting wet).

The bathroom had just been redone before I bought the house three months ago so is all freshly tiled. I’d prefer not to have an electric shower but I’m not going to mess around with it just now.

Yeah the plumber did do that to prove it, and I did it myself again the next day for reassurance.

check the inlet filter to the shower, if the plumbers were working on the water supply they may have dislodged or introduced something that has blocked the filter, it is very easy to check, just make sure you turn the power and the water off

I will try this, thanks!
power and the water off[/QUOTE]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back