New Boiler or Repair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So it seems the primary heat exchanger on my Worcester-Bosch Greenstar R 35 HE Plus is leaking. The part alone costs £350 inc VAT, then I have to pay to get it fitted, my guess is the fitting will cost at least £150 plus.

A new Worcester boiler is approx £1250.

Looking at other makes I have seen prices for a Baxi Duo-Tech 40HE for £911 plus another £61 for the flu kit. Are these boilers any good?

What boilers are worth looking at?

Thanks
Tim

Sponsored Links
A bg fixed price repair should cost you about 180 quid. If you are dead set on replacement I'd be happy to take the old one off you. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thats a fairly recent model and from many other makers would still be under warrantee.

However, the OPs concern about the cost and his enquiries about the cost of a new boiler, whilst ignoring the considerable cost of installing it, makes me wonder if the original bouler was fitted to a dirty system.

Most HE failures are as a result of dirt in the system.

Tony

Thats a fairly recent model and from many other makers would still be under warrantee.

However, the OPs concern about the cost and his enquiries about the cost of a new boiler, whilst ignoring the considerable cost of installing it, makes me wonder if the original bouler was fitted to a dirty system.

Most HE failures are as a result of dirt in the system.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back