New boiler Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15Ri, comments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

looking at the possibility of having a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15Ri installed, found a company offering to supply and install for £2060, plus may get an extra £100 off, they are No1 on trustpilot. Also interest free for 2 years. Offering a 10 years parts and labour guarantee, need to find if that is conditional on anything I.e. regular servicing. Includes a magnacleanse flush and filter installed. Seems to be a perfect solution to my troublesome 13-14 year old boiler, plus the Worcester is H2 ready.

any thoughts ?

Sponsored Links
Have you received any other quotes? I don’t quote for installs, so I wouldn’t know if that’s a fair price or not, seems ok, plus interest free.

It’s a company called BOXT, seems genuine, just thought I’d ask

thanks

The Worcester guarantee is conditional on annual servicing. Find out who is backing that guarantee- is it WB or is it Boxt or is it some other company? As usual, get more than 1 quote, and consider delaying the job til later in the year (usually some good offers on boiler fitting in the summer)

Sponsored Links
Will do, have had 3 quotes this is the best, also can’t wait till summer as have no heating or hot water presently…..annual service can be any gas safe registered person.
Will find out who is backing the guarantee
Thanks

boxt is ok for slinging a boiler on the wall.

the price sounds ok it's not outrageous in either direction

Bosch have a minority stake in the company

It'll be a fairly basic installation with little or no setup of your system for best efficiency afterwards. If you just want a new box on the wall then they're fine, but you're better off getting a knowledgeable local independent and paying a bit more if you want a decent installation. Worth nothing that Boxt don't have any of their own installers, they're all low-paid subcontractors. Are you sure you actually need a 15kW boiler? Again, this is another downside of online customer-led quoting systems, boilers are often not sized correctly for the property.

Good boiler as far as I'm concerned. I've had one for 7 years and there was a problem with the heat exchanger, which was replaced free of all charges under warranty.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thank you,
My system worked perfectly before the vailaint failed, so hopefully a straight swop will be enough, very limited in funds, I chose 15KW as although my current one is an 18KW it’s been running perfectly set at 12KW for the past 10 years or so, I just thought why do I need bigger than 15KW ? The 18KW was my decision anyway as I researched at the time for boiler sizing, I bought the variant and had a heating engineer fit it, which was a very bad experience, he left me with a non working boiler full of air, and said it needed a permanent feed for the boiler run on, but left me to sort this myself, had to get an electrician in. The H.E. New the boiler I was getting as I asked his advice and didn’t say anything about the live feed….

6B5CA6AC-2C7E-4A57-9550-C059742658C0.png Just tried the boiler again, but it shuts down after less than a minute, fault code shows as per image, a
Shows ‘1’ then the half zero’s flashing. No idea what that means, decided to go for a new boiler, so hoped I could get the valiant to run for a while for a bit of warmth. Found the factory reset procedure, but after entering 12 for my boiler, the KW is still at 12KW and fault code history still there, thought these would reset to default / clear. Not trying to do anything fancy, just hoped to reset it and get it to work for a bit.
Any thoughts ? Should all reset to default ?

Couldn’t see how to upload a short video

Last edited:
View attachment 255685 Just tried the boiler again, but it shuts down after less than a minute, fault code shows as per image, a
Shows ‘1’ then the half zero’s flashing. No idea what that means, decided to go for a new boiler, so hoped I could get the valiant to run for a while for a bit of warmth. Found the factory reset procedure, but after entering 12 for my boiler, the KW is still at 12KW and fault code history still there, thought these would reset to default / clear. Not trying to do anything fancy, just hoped to reset it and get it to work for a bit.
Any thoughts ? Should all reset to default ?

Couldn’t see how to upload a short video
Referring to your earlier post, the problem might not be with the boiler. Doesn't the operating manual tell you what the fault codes mean? If you haven't got it, it should be available online.

It’s not something I’ve seen before on those types of Vaillant displays. The older type displayed that when there were no faults left to display in the history. Perhaps one for @ScottishGasMan or @The831Bunny?

Have managed to do a factory reset now, but it runs for 30-40 seconds then just stops. The fault code is weird, in that it’s showing half Zeroes then 1 flashing, don’t think that is a proper fault code, it’s an ecotec 418 plus
Thanks, in the fault display menu the first one is the most recent I assume

Have managed to do a factory reset now, but it runs for 30-40 seconds then just stops. The fault code is weird, in that it’s showing half Zeroes then 1 flashing, don’t think that is a proper fault code, it’s an ecotec 418 plus
Thanks, in the fault display menu the first one is the most recent I assume
No, I don’t think it’s a proper fault code, hence me tagging in x2 Vaillant expert engineers. It could be an electrical fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back