new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi Helpers, I am planning to have a new boiler fitted and powerwash during the summer the one to be replaced is a Potterton Prima 50F
what would be an equivelent boiler to replace it ? I would like to have a little idea before I get quotes.

I think I would rather have a condensing boiler and keep immersion heater etc. I wont ask you an estimate of the work to be done :)

Sponsored Links
hi Helpers, I am planning to have a new boiler fitted and powerwash during the summer the one to be replaced is a Potterton Prima 50F
what would be an equivelent boiler to replace it ? I would like to have a little idea before I get quotes.
assuming prima was sized correctly any similar output boiler would suit you, personally I prefer worcester or vaillant although there are plenty of other options.
I think I would rather have a condensing boiler and keep immersion heater etc. I wont ask you an estimate of the work to be done :)
you have to have a condensing boiler, I think you mean a heat only (non-combi) as you say you would like to keep the immersion heater.

yes its worth keeping athe current system design, but you shoulld p grade the cylinder too, as modern ones have greater insulation and bigger heat exchangers.

Also you should up grade the controls too, preferably boiler manufacturers own, such as vaillants 470 and 392...

whats wrong with the prima? good boilers and not excessively inefficient, cant see a reason to replace it

Sponsored Links
thanks for replies, maybe ive got more money than sense but I definitely need a powerflush, the boiler is about 17 years old im 61 so a new boiler may see me out :)

My bet being the prima will probably see the new boiler out. :p

+3 keep the boiler & spend the money on a couple of holidays

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back