new boiler...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am looking for a new boiler for a 2 bed property.
What I want to know is, out of my shortlist, which is the easiest to work on, the 25kw main combi or the ideal mini?
Wherever I go, people in the trade seem to be giving me the hard sell on the ideal mini, from plumbers merchants to people standing in the queue behind me!! Are they really that good?
I use an ex british gas man to fit and maintain my boilers and he prefers main, hence the question, as I don't want to install an ideal and have him moan when he eventually has to work it..!
Thanks in advance for your experiences guys..

Sponsored Links
Avoid both if I were you.

Glow worm flexicom with a 15 year warranty.
Ideal logix much better than the mini.
A small vokera compact I think is the name.

Blimey, 40 views and only 1 reply : there's a lot of british reserve on this forum the likes of which you'd never see out and about in the plumbers merchants of southend!!
Come on people lets hear your views...

Perhaps we're just bored of answering the same questions from posters who can't be bothered to use the search function... or think for some bizarre reason that they're special and that answers to the thousands of identical threads don't count for them.

But in the interests for forum etiquette...

Intergas 18/24.

Sponsored Links
I use an ex british gas man to fit and maintain my boilers and he prefers main, hence the question, as I don't want to install an ideal and have him moan when he eventually has to work it..!

So ask him.

Dunno what merchants the OP is going in - I don't think I have heard the Mini mentioned in the merchants for years.

In fact - the last Ideal Rep that braved my main supplier nearly had a recently removed Isar shoved up his ar7iss.

He wasn't a happy chappy by the time I finished with him :LOL:

At Dan Robinson...i did do a search but it threw up the two boilers and faults. Unless you can find a specific link straightaway. I know it irritates some people when they think a post is made without any prior searches, but equally, surely the internet is a resource for people to help each other..
Then there's also people who aren't as proficient in forming the search words accurately to get a suitable reply, and just as you get irritated by the likes of me, I have to say, I did try!

hhhmmm 3173 thanks?

Every product ever sold has faults.

Ideals more than most.

I gave you a boiler to look at.

That was helpful.

You're welcome.

Not sure what is so hard about clicking a button labelled "search" then typing "looking at a new boiler" or something equally pertinent to your particular query.

Besides you were moaning that we are all being reserved. :rolleyes:

At Sooey, I did ask him, as I mentioned, my gas safe man likes Main, but I want to be able to make the best decision and not be totally ignorant about all the other boilers out there.
Dan, thanks for your time, I will keep on searching and hope you take some satisfaction that you have sent me off with a flee in my ear!

At Sooey, I did ask him, as I mentioned, my gas safe man likes Main, but I want to be able to make the best decision and not be totally ignorant about all the other boilers out there.
Dan, thanks for your time, I will keep on searching and hope you take some satisfaction that you have sent me off with a flee in my ear!

You also forgot that there are web bots out there that scan web pages - this forum generates a lot of traffic.

Even our secret secret sections gets peaked at by things other than human eyes.

And I am not talking about Steelmasons ;).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back