New Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im sure this has been asked before so my apologies.

I need to replace my combi boiler what would the best boiler be and what would i expect to pay for supply and installation.

I have a standard sized 3 bed semi with 8 rads and two bathrooms

Thanks

Sponsored Links
use the search button please and dont ask for prices.

With 2 bathrooms you will probably struggle with a combi as none of the basic combi's will cope properly with more than one hot tap running at a time.

That said I would recommend the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 837 if you really want to go down the traditional combi route.

If you have the space then you could go for the new Ecotec Plus 937 storage combi, which has a 15 litre hot water store in it so it should cope better if using more than 1 tap at a time ;)

General ball park figures only on here. No one could give a price without seeing your property. You need to get 3 quotes from local recommended CORGI tradesmen ;)

Sponsored Links
rob884 said:
use the search button please and dont ask for prices.

Hear hear.

A ballpark figure maybe obtained if you can answer all of the questions im about to post.

Location of current boiler and new position.
Size of current gas supply to boiler and all other gas appliances.
YOUR location.
Provision for the condensate drain.
Do you live in a 'listed' building?
Provision for 'flueing' of your new appliance.
Does your system need upgrading to current regs?
What do you want to replace your Combi with?

There are probably loads more but im off to do ANOTHER drain down when I should be at home kicking the kids about. More gaskets CORGIMAN!

Dave
David

I went to a small three bed house today which had just had a Worcester 531 and nine rads fitted by BG for £5700.

I told her we would have done it for about £4500.

Tony

Thanks for your responses.

I will get some quotes for the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 937. as it would seem wise to be able to have hot water at 2 locations at once (second bathroom not installed yet) although i will probably have to locate the boiler in an alternative position.

As for the touchy subject of price i appreciate that there are lots of variables but i was only after a guide from professionals i wouldn't of made you sign a contract.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back