New brass click clacker doesnt fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My hand basin click clack plug broke. Ordered a new one but the brass bit doesnt fit into the existing hole within the plug hole.

The brass bit is M16 - think that means 16mm diameter.
Its only marginally too big so think maybe a 14 or 15mm size would fit but I cant find a smaller brass click clacker anywhere online.

I really dont want to remove the whole drain bit from the ceramic basin.

Does anyone know where I can get a smaller brass click clacker??

Big thanks....or should I say smaller thanks ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Took a look but they all look like 16mm diameter threads.

Its the brass spring loaded bit I need, (that allows the chrome top piece to go up and down).

I'll keep looking, but keep those suggestions coming. Thx

Just a tip I had a rental property where the pop up went (after only 2 years!) i ment pulling out the basin while the tenant was there, luckily they had given a months notice as they had bought a house, so I pulled out the pop up and found a normal plug fitted as a temp measure.

Sponsored Links
Sorted. Like an idiot, there was still part of the previous brass part in the plug. Very very tight to unscrew. Thats why i thought it didnt come out to begin with. Anyway, got it out and new ckick clack fits. Thanks for all help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back