Basin waste leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I looked up earlier threads on this problem
And so I got the basin mate and plumbers gold to try sort a leak with the gaskets that came with the waste, top and bottom
I gave a good bead of sealer round the top on the surface of the basin and on the mate plug
I had to trim the flat part of the mate, so the trap would go on after the brass nut which came with the waste.
I have tightened up pretty hard and ask
Do I have to allow the gold to set before fitting the basin?
And
What can I use to take off the excess in the basin bowl and the shiny new click waste?

Ps. Just looked...the underside of the waste is flat and the basin entry hole is clinical....is this my blunder?..

It's day 2 now and Mrs Crow is a bi cross
Thanks
Geof

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Should be waterproof after about 10 minutes. Use white spirit on a cloth to remove residue. Most waste and basin recesses are like that, use the washer and silicone top and bottom to provide a solid seal. Basin mate underneath should be fine on it's own.

Should be waterproof after about 10 minutes. Use white spirit on a cloth to remove residue. Most waste and basin recesses are like that, use the washer and silicone top and bottom to provide a solid seal. Basin mate underneath should be fine on it's own.

Ta ma freen.
I defo do not want to be a plumber
I will stick to something easier..
Very helpful post
Cheers
Geof

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back