Basin Mate / Plumbers Mait.

Yes Lee it is...... so if you don't want look don't. simples. :) :) :) :) I hope I have calmed it down from a bar room augment :rolleyes: to a discussion and there is nothing wrong with that.

So for the moment, I will leave leave the real Plumbers work to Richard.....for the moment..... mind ;)

Sponsored Links
Or, you could do.............................Basin Mate and silicone

Discuss............................. :LOL:

I've enjoyed reading this thread! This weekend the sink goes in. I'm going to use the basin mate and resort to silicone below if and when it leaks. I'll report back.

On a similar topic, would you use silicone to seal around the base of a back-to-wall WC? It's attached by a fixing kit to wooden floorboards but it doesn't feel totally rigid. I thought silicone might help bed it in and also protect from any 'drips' seeping under. On the other hand, if there was a leak within the WC, it would be trapped behind the silcone rotting the floorboard. Any views?

Yes Lee it is...... so if you don't want look don't. simples. :) :) :) :) I hope I have calmed it down from a bar room augment :rolleyes: to a discussion and there is nothing wrong with that.

So for the moment, I will leave leave the real Plumbers work to Richard.....for the moment..... mind ;)

That would be the best thing to do, as you're clueless!!

Sponsored Links
I've enjoyed reading this thread! This weekend the sink goes in. I'm going to use the basin mate and resort to silicone below if and when it leaks. I'll report back.

On a similar topic, would you use silicone to seal around the base of a back-to-wall WC? It's attached by a fixing kit to wooden floorboards but it doesn't feel totally rigid. I thought silicone might help bed it in and also protect from any 'drips' seeping under. On the other hand, if there was a leak within the WC, it would be trapped behind the silcone rotting the floorboard. Any views?

Oh it's a sink you're installing not a basin???!! Oh in that case you want a sink 5* waste assembly then mate.

Why do people call wash basins & vanity basins etc sinks??!! Is it cause they're from a working class background & poor??

Throwing my hat into the ring......... I used a basin mate a few weeks ago and it was perfect.:cool:

Plumbers mait and silicone are for the dinosaurs who do not embrace new technology! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back