New build, few oddities

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya. We recently moved into a new build property and I've noticed a couple of odd bits. With all the wind recently, I kept hearing a loud vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv noise (best way i can describe!). I managed to track it down to the roof, and I'm pretty sure its right at the top of the ^. I'm assuming its probably just the lining vibrating? But I noticed this from outside:

I know the tiles are forticrete gemini... it looks to me like the one top tile is chipped and rather than replacing they've stuffed the hole with something? Should I be concerned by this?
DSC07946-M.jpg

From inside, I also noticed the entire top of the ^ is covered by lining apart from this one section. Is this anything to worry about?
IMG_0315-M.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
With the recent high winds we have all been getting you would be hard pushed to live in a house with a roof which didnt make a noise ;)

Anyway the ridge roll under the chipped ridge tile is sitting up and that will make a noise, nothing to worry about.

The membrane should lap over the apex to prevent water ingress if you ever lost a ridge.

Ahh yeah I can see it a bit clearer now! Thanks for the reply. Any idea what the little bits sticking up are? Looks like something trapped underneath.

I have the roofers coming back to fix a chipped tile so may ask them to replace this one too while they're on the roof.

Sponsored Links
There should be a 1" gap on the underlay at the ridge.
As you have a dry ridge system fitted..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back