1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

New Build Garden Shed

Discussion in 'In the Garden' started by talksr, 30 Jul 2017.

1. talksr

talksr

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,
    We were supposed to be getting a shed with our Shared Ownership new build house, but now it is almost complete, the Housing Association have said the builders are refusing to put sheds in. Not much we can do about it.

I had wanted to extend the patio as they have not put that many slabs down. Can anyone recommend the best way forward for putting a base down for a wooden shed like this one or smaller? Would it be possible to lay more slabs both to extend the patio and to put a shed on, or would we be needing proper concrete?

Here are some pics of the garden, I have drawn a red box to show where I would be looking to put the shed.

Thanks in advance :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nige F

Nige F

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  3. London Mike 49

London Mike 49

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If the builders are still on site then have a chat with them and they will lay a base for you at a much more reasonable cost than if you got a tradesman in, or even if you did it yourself. By the time you have run around picking up slabs, cement and sand it's more cost effective to ask them to quote.

Mike