New build hot water cylinder

Sponsored Links
To me that pipework looks like a combi set up with zones for upstairs and down. We would need to see the pipework looking up under the boiler to say for sure.

It's a big purchase - have a word ;)

Yes I agree.

Same setup on loads of new builds my way

FFS = For Financial Savings, some developers will do as much cost cutting on new builds as is possible. And some go beyound the ethical limit and/or turn a blind eye when subcontractors do the same.
And your experience of this is......?

Or is it hearsay :)

And your experience of this is......

More imaginary friends, or requests to consult in some project where only his expert advise and googling abilities will do to help some poor homeowner who has been fleeced by yet another unscrupulous tradesman.... Only this time he has a large building conglomerate in his sites. @newbuildinstaller had better watch his back. ;)

Sponsored Links
And your experience of this is......?

First hand was the house my mother bought Off Plan. Several items were not as per the plans, some seen during the building and corrected before completion and some others found after moving in. A snall development of 8 houses all of them had snagging lists relating to poor workmanship and cost cutting variations from plans.

Second hand from people involved in new builds.

Two thermostats being the update that renders my post useless

As has been advised already.
Refer vendor to the plans that formed the basis of the reservation (deposit?) and "have a word". Like with most modern organisations... if you don't ask (query) you don't get!

Standard install in new builds; 35-40KW combi & zone valves in a cupboard on the first floor.
Depending on mains water supply, an Unvented cylinder will deliver 20Ltr/min & the Ideal Logic ERP1 35 does about 14-16Ltr/Min.

They're fantastic boilers & 1,000s are fitted in the UK every year.
Nice neat & tidy job in the photo. So my guess is the rest of the installation is the same...dunno?

With a system/heat boiler & unvented cylinder you'd have annual service costs will be more, along with gas consumption.

The performance of a combo boiler is perfect for smaller new builds.

FFS = For Financial Savings, some developers will do as much cost cutting on new builds as is possible. And some go beyound the ethical limit and/or turn a blind eye when subcontractors do the same.

Complete drivel & a subject you know nothing about.
The Plumbing/Heating Subbie supplies & fits strictly to the Builders drawings & specification.
The design is generally completely in the hands of the Builder.

fitting nest is no problem but i hate those zones valves ( reliance i think ), (y):) nothing wrong with the boiler as i expect your engineer don't know these boilers so he automatically hates them :confused:
If a Nest/Hive or MiG is fitted after the OP moves in, he'll/she'll feck up his warranty on the Heating system. Any problems with anything they'll walk!!

Danfoss... But equally shyte.

Plumbers wouldn't have had the authority to change the spec. :rolleyes:
Danfoss will be the Builder's Spec Dan. Buying new build doesn't permit too much choice & the Golden Rules are; get everything serviced to maintain your warranties.

If the plans for the house clearly show an airing cupboard with a hot water cylinder then I would suggest you inform the vendor / developer that the plumbers seem to have mis-read the plans and installed a heating / hot water system other than the system detailed in the plans.

You are not the first to experience this type of "error" by sub-contractors and you won't be the last.
Yes they sure do.
See below, I have cropped the area in question and also cropped some other relevant details which were at the sides of the plans.
You will see there mention of a cylinder thermostat. You can't have one of those without a cylinder.

Capture_zpsorqlmh97.png

Note that the cylinder is pictured right next to where the pipe work is in my original picture of that cupboard.
I have cropped the wrong handed side of the plans so it is all back to front, but the same is included for the correct handing on our property.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back