New build house floor load.

3 different people who said they've had 1 metric ton of plaster board on a palete on the 2nd floor bedroom.
It's common to have a stack of plasterboard on the floor during build, but it doesn't stay there for a long term. Load duration is a factor in calculating timber joists or beams - rated from very short term, short term, medium term and long term. The difference between very short term and long term is 75%.

Sponsored Links
What feet does it have? What's the measurement on the feet. Eg, if the feet are 5cm x 5cm and there are 4, the 450kgs is bearing down 4.5kg/sq cm. If you put a 10cm x10cm x 3cm timber pad under each it will probably (can't be arsed with the sums) drop to 1kg/sq cm.
Sorry, everyone's Initial / avatr is looking the same.
What feel, (Bloody Heavy) is more like I've read hundreds of other posts on here and other sites. But it not my story so just information.
So when I picked up the tank / gravel etc and thought of the water I thought the tank wouldn't take it never mind the floor. And all the things I read that sounded perfectly logical seemed wrong.

I'm trying to make a spreading platform. So I'm doing that while also looking up other / more posts...
Found this one...

Gunuinely surprised that MYthbusters, or some other internet so n so, has taken these forums and done "Experiments" since these people can make money from wrecking things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back