New build zone issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I think there's an issue with my heating

Zone 1 - Upstairs bedroom - Danfoss TP5000

Zone 2 - Downstairs - Kitchen - Danfoss TP9000

When the heating is switched on in zone 1 all radiators in the house heat up, I'm sure it used to be only the bedroom would heat up.

Any tips on what could be the issue?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The living and sleeping zones should be controllable independently. This is a requirement of the building regulations for new builds.

Each thermostat will be connected to a motorised valve that looks something like below (other makes are available ;))

mv.JPG

The TP9000 will open and close one valve (living areas) and the TP5000 will open and close the valve feeding the radiators in the the other zone (sleeping areas)

For all of the radiators to come on' both valves must be open. So if all the house radiators are heating up when the upstairs zone is 'on' and the downstairs zone is 'off', this will either be because of incorrect wiring, which is unlikely if it used to work correctly and nothing has been changed. Or the downstairs valve is stuck permanently in the open position and allows water to pass through it when the upstairs heating is on.

The living and sleeping zones should be controllable independently. This is a requirement of the building regulations for new builds.

Each thermostat will be connected to a motorised valve that looks something like below (other makes are available ;))

View attachment 213317

The TP9000 will open and close one valve (living areas) and the TP5000 will open and close the valve feeding the radiators in the the other zone (sleeping areas)

For all of the radiators to come on' both valves must be open. So if all the house radiators are heating up when the upstairs zone is 'on' and the downstairs zone is 'off', this will either be because of incorrect wiring, which is unlikely if it used to work correctly and nothing has been changed. Or the downstairs valve is stuck permanently in the open position and allows water to pass through it when the upstairs heating is on.

Thanks STEM, makes sense, I remember i used to hear a whirring noise sometimes when the heating was switched on, have not heard the same noise for a while.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back