New Business which way to go

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm seriously considering retraining and setting up a new business (i've been self employed for 20+ years so know the pitfalls) I was wondering what people thought as the best business to be in at the moment, i know there is always the element of the grass is always greener, i.e. electricians wish they were plumbers and vice versa etc. but i'm interested to hear your views

Sponsored Links
I've been very content since I set up as a bikini-waxer.

Plumbing is way over subscribed at present and gas is becoming that way fast as well.

Don't know about other trades though.

I've never wished I was a plumber. Electricianing is not all is made out to be. There is a lot of hard physical work, and lots of getting mucky.

Are you currently in a trade?

Sponsored Links
To be honest andy, I think we all get fed up what we do from time to time, it's hard to find a job you enjoying doing with the correct salary as well!

I am actually time served hgv mechanic, have spent the last 20 years self employed repairing anything really from lawn mowers, cars, vans, tractors, hgv's but its not like it used to be really, vehicles are becoming more throw away than repair, and with extended service intervals etc, just think how often you take your car or van for a service compared to 15 years ago. The big difference between say the property repair business and vehicle repair business is depreciation people don't mind spending on their property because it (normally) goes up in value, but if i put a new gearbox in your van its not worth anymore. I've always been interested in the property business and can turn my hand to most things, back to the originally question, i'm not specifically looking for a trade but a new venture, maybe bikini waxing could be it ;)

All I want to be is a talent scout for a brothel, with a second job as a beer taster

is that too much to ask

andyandy2 said:
I I was wondering what people thought as the best business to be in at the moment, i
Start up a business advising start-up businesses - you know the pitfalls already ;)

And more and more want to start their own business

Andy, you could look at buying a Pub, or even a McDonalds or similar franchise, or perhaps a Snap-On franchise.

Lets face facts here, the people that own and run McDonalds franchises do not do bust! Yes it's hard work, but it can make you a mint.

Sponsored Links
Back