New CCTV Setup - Swann TruBlue 960H 1TB 9 Channel CCTV KIT

L

leeweedon

Good afternoon,

Just thought I'd share last weekend's CCTV installation.

I looked at CCTV months ago, and found loads of kits and some really high end stuff from CCTV Direct, however, I simply can't afford it so I decided to get a deal from Maplins. (With the understanding things may no last forever, but hopefully my financial situation changes until it does)

The Swann TruBlue 960H 1TB 9 Channel CCTV Kit with 4 Bullet Cameras deal from Maplins in my opinion and after setting it up is brilliant.

The camera are well build, easy to install and get a good picture day and night.
Coverage is also perfect for a 3 bed semi.

The DVR is small and has a large enough hard drive. The setup is easy (being a techy by day helps)

Software on laptop is brilliant, iPhone/iPad apps are also very good.

The real snag point I have is you get 4x 18m cables, It would be wiser to have 2 longer (2x 30m and 2x 15m). I had to buy 2x 10M extensions (from B&Q and maplins don't sell them!)

I also had to put a 25MM hole in the wall to get the cables and connectors through.

Really like the system, am impressed

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back