New Clutch Installed But Having Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have recently had a clutch installed on my car but we are having problems with it.

The problem:

At first the car is fine, it will go into gears smoothly and drive nicely as it used to, but after driving a couple of miles and warming up suddenly the car will refuse to go into most gears, particularly first. This problem has only happened since the clutch install and we can't figure out the problem. We have bled the clutch and tried replacing the clutch slave, still having the problem, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Car Info:

Mitsubishi GTO Non Turbo Japanese Import
3.0L V6
Approx 75000 miles

Sponsored Links
Double check that the slave cylinder on the bell housing is moving the push rod going to the clutch assembly fully. There is nothing under the clutch pedal? But this would not or at least should not change as the car get hot?

Might be worth taking it for a good drive to ensure the clutch has bedded in fully, or have you already done much driving?

We have had the clutch pressure plate warped in the past and this only shown up, after driving for a period of time. On another it was the surface on the flywheel that was warped (twisted) ever so slightly.
First gear problems with engagement is a sure sign that the clutch is not fully breaking the drive from the engine the gearbox. In all other gear changes the clutch is less critical.

Double check that the slave cylinder on the bell housing is moving the push rod going to the clutch assembly fully. There is nothing under the clutch pedal? But this would not or at least should not change as the car get hot?

Might be worth taking it for a good drive to ensure the clutch has bedded in fully, or have you already done much driving?

We have had the clutch pressure plate warped in the past and this only shown up, after driving for a period of time. On another it was the surface on the flywheel that was warped (twisted) ever so slightly.
First gear problems with engagement is a sure sign that the clutch is not fully breaking the drive from the engine the gearbox. In all other gear changes the clutch is less critical.

Hello and thank you for your reply. I will check this first thing tomorrow. I don't know if this will help find the problem but also when it is warmed up the revs seem to go very low when stationary so the engine almost cuts out or sometimes it does cut out. Once again this has only happened since the clutch change. Also, it will not go in our out of gear, even when stationary until the car is turned off but once the car has been left for a couple of hours and cooled down it will all work fine again for a while, the clutch and the revs!

Sponsored Links
Back