New cold feed washing machine affecting electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just a wee query. I have recently purchased and fitted a new cold feed washing machine (replacing a cold/hot feed) and if it is on when you have a shower the Mira Sport shower cuts out on low pressure or runs cold.

Other people imply this is the norm now. I just wanted to check? I assume the water goes to the machine before it reaches the shower.... If the machine is not on the shower is fine.

Hope this makes sense....

Sponsored Links
Thanks. So you think that I should check the pressure? Would that only be at the place where the water comes into the house? Would opening the stopcock fully help here?

Opening the stopcock fully would almost certainly help quite a lot

Sponsored Links
Thank you. Will give it a try. I thought people always said you had to turn it back and not leave it full on....... This shows what a novice I am....

yes you can turn it back 1/4 turn that won't affect the flow/pressure at all.

your dynamic pressure must be dropping below 1 bar for your mira pressure switch to drop off and give no heat.
so i wouldn't say your static pressure is not brilliant.
but yes you can check it with a pressure gauge.

No, the dynamic pressure is an issue with your mains supply, which is determined largely by your supplier

If you look on your pavement outside there should also be an external stopcock (Under a little square flap). Check that is also open fully (might need to get down on your hands and knees to reach it!)

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back