Electric shower drips when washing machine on!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Mira Sport 9.8KW shower works perfectly but recently we've noticed that it starts to drip when the washing machine downstairs is filling. The Mira instruction booklet says that the water stop cock should be turned up to maximum and I've done that. The water pressure in my street does seem to be a lot lower recently - could that be the cause? Is there any way for a householder to measure their pressure?

Sponsored Links
I'm sure that the mira needs at least 2bar pressure to work effectively, but don't quote me on that - I have not checked.

Your mains pressure can be tested with a 'pressure gauge' - I usually screw it onto an outside tap or washing machine valve. :)

As said check your mains pressure.
This shower requires 1 bar pressure but will run as low as 0.7 for satisfactory operation.
0.2 bar is required to hold the diaghragm of the flow valve closed.
If the pressures prove to be ok then it can be a sign of a worn flow valve.

Sponsored Links
what about quadrant shower enclosures?
I heard about them work perfectly.
Do they, indeed. Thanks for that little piece of enlightenment. I'm sure we'll all sleep better tonight.

Anyway, them only work perfectly if thems is fitted correctly by someone competent. Do you know anyone who is competent?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back